Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: an ambitious, detail-oriented researcher and analyst who has a passion for collecting, organizing and analyzing important data and information to contribute to global development.
Us: a buzzed -about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. If you’re eager to use your superb analytical mind and research prowess to make a real difference for people everywhere and to help build one of the most exciting new media platforms in the world, we would love to meet you.
You’ll find at Devex an opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
The Devex Analytics team conducts cutting-edge research on the world’s global development donors and other agencies. We track the funding of major development donors such as the World Bank, ADB, USAID and the EU as well as implementers, corporations, private foundations, and other philanthropic organizations that operate at the intersection of business and global development.
We are the data powerhouse in global development and this position is all about enhancing our strategy to better connect our community through data comprehensiveness and quality control. Our team’s goal is to make sure Devex members are the first to know about funding opportunities and the information they receive from us is accurate, reader-friendly, and overall helpful.
The main responsibilities of the Development Funding Analyst are…
- Leading the content strategy to increase Devex data coverage.
- Contributing to the growth and quality of our databases by exploring and understanding business trends and new innovative funding streams.
- Supporting the team to ensure the quality, comprehensiveness and timeliness of all Devex data, including donor project and procurement information, partnerships and jobs.
- Designing new automation tools and processes in collaboration with our IT team.
- Advising Devex members on various donor strategies and funding opportunities through member inquiries, editorial content and other channels.
- Extracting, organizing and analyzing various development data to support special projects
- Participating in general team activities, including team meetings, training, and coordination work with other teams.
- Performing other tasks/duties that may be assigned.
To fit well in this role you must be a true team player and problem solver with exceptional analytical and research abilities, someone easily adaptable to a fast-paced environment. You should see the big picture, but also not be afraid to get your hands dirty with day-to-day operations and tasks. And you must have excellent social and communications skills that attract colleagues to want to work with you.
You also must have…
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficiency in technology tools, including Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of basic knowledge management systems like Airtable or similar softwares.
- Familiarity with international development and a global mindset
- Attention to detail and an appreciation for data and process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- 2 - 5 years of professional work experience as a data or business analyst, preferably in the private sector (philanthropies, foundations, corporations…)
- Knowledge of foreign languages
- A solid grasp of how the development business works
Interested? Get the conversation started by sending your CV and cover letter now.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona, and Manila, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.