ALIMA USA is seeking a Development Officer based in our New York office to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for expanding and diversifying ALIMA USA’s funding base with a particular focus on the US market. The Development Officer will be responsible for fundraising initiatives in the US and contribute to the organization’s global fundraising and communications strategies. Reporting to the Executive Director, working with members of the HQ team in Dakar and Paris and the Board, the Development Officer will be charged with managing all aspects of ALIMA USA’s fundraising efforts including individual major gift solicitation, foundation, and corporation grant requests, fundraising, and outreach events, as well as targeted sustaining donor campaigns.
The Development Officer will be assisting in developing and executing a comprehensive plan for raising ALIMA USA’s revenue and in doing so s/he will work in close collaboration with the executive director in support of fundraising goals.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working actively with the Executive Director on all US fundraising initiatives, including major gifts, foundation and corporation grants, and specific emphasis on individual donor solicitation;
- Building and managing a portfolio of individual major donors, foundations, and corporate prospects in the US;
- Researching and identifying funding opportunities in the US and preparing funding proposals and reports;
- Engaging the ALIMA USA’s development committee, board, and junior board members to actively support and fundraising plans and events;
- Planning and executing fundraising and cultivation events;
- Overseeing online fundraising content and tools, including regular donor communications;
- Maintaining a database (Salesforce) of fundraising contacts and prospects;
- Recruiting and managing interns and volunteers.
To apply please email email@example.com with resume/CV and cover letter stating your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria. No calls, please.
Applications are ongoing until the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ALIMA USA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
About the Organization
ALIMA is a humanitarian medical organization created in 2009 by a group of highly experienced humanitarian aid workers. Headquartered in Dakar with offices in Paris and New York, the organization was established to fill the growing gap of unmet humanitarian needs in some of the most underserved areas of the world.
We provide direct medical care and humanitarian assistance to vulnerable families in need; partner with and build the capacity of local medical organizations and health actors; and conduct medical and operational research that brings innovation to the field, leading to sustainable solutions and improved delivery of humanitarian assistance.
It is ALIMA’s firm belief that all people should have access to quality health services, regardless of where they live and what resources they have. ALIMA currently operates 43 programs in 11 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, including 15 research projects, all in some of the most neglected areas of the world, where one in five children die before the age of five, primarily from preventable and treatable causes. Many suffer from the effects of armed conflict, population displacement, food shortages, and outbreaks of deadly diseases. Nearly 90% of ALIMA’s programs operate in conflict zones and focus on aid to the most vulnerable: children, women, refugees, and internally displaced persons.