ALMA seeks a Senior Officer to staff a senior executive leader in global health and development across multiple roles. This position is ideal for someone who: has worked in global health positions dealing with communicable diseases, and /or women, adolescents and children; and is guided by principles and values of human rights, equity, gender equality, inclusiveness and transparency.
The candidate will have experience working with the core principles of accountability and be knowledgeable about trends in global health, with exceptional research, organization and presentation skills. The candidate will provide comprehensive and seamless support across multiple areas in global health. These roles include academia, research and development, think-tanks and multilateral organizations. The Executive has held senior positions in global development for several decades and drives high impact solutions to the world’s most intractable health and development problems, including ending malaria and improving women’s and children’s health.
Terms of Reference for Executive Coordination and Logistic Officer (CLO):
- Research, analyze and synthesize information and data and prepare briefings, talking points, presentations and proposals for internal and external meetings
- Serve as a liaison for the Executive and coordinate with institutions, partners, stakeholders and staff to prepare for Executive’s presentations and participation in conferences, fora and meetings
- Schedule meetings, prepare materials and ensure follow-up for various Board and leadership meetings
- Facilitate key correspondence
- Other duties as directed by the Executive
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree and second degree or equivalent and at least seven years of relevant work experience
- Possess exceptional time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Be highly motivated, discreet, have excellent interpersonal acumen and work easily in a fast paced, international environment
- Be able to prioritize shifting tasks and competing interests
- Be proficient in English (required) with French also preferred
- Have strong research writing and presentation skills with familiarity and ease working across a variety of online, cloud and mobile platforms including Apple software, Google Apps and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
The Executive CLO works virtually, travels internationally 70% of the time and reports directly to the Executive. Competitive compensation package offered based on experience.
Submit cover letter, resume and writing sample in pdf via email to email@example.com with Executive CLO in the email subject line by 15 June 2020.
ALMA, Inc. is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. ALMA, Inc. does not to discriminate against any applicant because of age, color, sex, disability, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
About the Organization
The African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) was founded in 2009 and is a platform for African Heads of State and Government working to end malaria on the African continent by 2030. All African Union members belong to ALMA and ALMA’s vision is aligned with the African Union’s Agenda 2063, the African Union’s Catalytic Framework to End AIDS, TB and Eliminate Malaria and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
ALMA works to enhance accountability for results in malaria, neglected tropical diseases and reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health with the use of the scorecard accountability and action tracking mechanism at continental, regional, national, sub-national and community levels. ALMA works to sustain political and leadership commitments, and supports countries to track progress, identify bottlenecks and take action.
In addition, ALMA works with African countries to establish End Malaria Councils and Funds to sustain political and leadership commitments at country level.
The ALMA Heads of State and Government have charged the ALMA Secretariat with supporting them in achieving their mission and vision. ALMA is headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and has an office in New York City, U.S.A.