The CARE Atlanta Global Innovation Hub convenes people and organizations dedicated to defeating poverty by achieving social justice and equity everywhere. We create the space, programs and support systems to connect leaders with global practitioners to solve pressing challenges.
Our community represents social entrepreneurs, civil society, government, academia and technologists dedicated to fighting poverty and achieving social justice.
The CARE Global Innovation Hub Program Manager will support all activities under the portfolio, with an emphasis on supporting the development and delivery of services and products.
Global Innovation Hub Partnerships and Communication
• Engage in local and domestic activities on behalf of CARE and the Global Innovation Hub
• Manage social media content and strategy for the Global Innovation Hub
• Proactively elevate the brand and presence of the Global Innovation Hub in an effort to increase awareness while working with local social justice organizations and partners that are aligned with our mission
• Maintain a focus on women & girls organizations to align with CARE’s overall program focus and point of differentiation.
Global Hub Innovation Programs
The CARE Global Innovation Hub values events and experiences as a way to create transformation in the lives of individuals.
• Lead on the Experience model, a series of immersive trips that bring together small groups of supporters from diverse background to tackle relevant social justice issues. Includes design and execution of one experience per quarter
• Lead the design, coordination and implementation of regular and adhoc Global Innovation Hub programming (e.g. Tuesday Talk weekly speakers series)
Global Innovation Hub Operations
• Coordinate closely with individuals and organizations that rent space in the CARE Global Innovation Hub
• Coordinate with CARE USA headquarter staff to manage 40k sq. feet of co-working space (e.g. IT, Building Operations, Security, etc.)
• Recruit, evaluate and support partners for paid membership
• Lead on Global Innovation Hub team on-boarding process
Relationship Management with CARE
• Support Global Innovation Hub team with creating and maintaining relationships across CARE’s international network
• Contribute to the broader poverty and social justice work of the department as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Marketing, Communication or International field (desired)
- 5 years’ experience with international development or social enterprise organizations
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong organizational capabilities
- Skills in using ICT, social media, and online communications and project management tools
- Systems Thinker: ability to see “the whole” and develop strategies that challenge our imagination and stretch our way of working
- Proven, experience in working with diverse teams across boundaries and cultures and delivering incredible results
- History of strong relationship skills and ability to connect with and engage donors and other influential partners
About the Organization
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.