You will be responsible for running Taptap Send’s Growth efforts at every stage, experimenting with new acquisition methods, tracking results, and scaling the Growth team as we expand to new markets. You will be in constant dialogue with the communities we serve, listening to their needs and learning how to communicate effectively with them. You will work on a grassroots level building a local network to attract individual users. You’ll use data to drive decisions, constantly looking to improve Growth metrics and communicate results and insights to senior management. You will be a key player in Taptap Send’s success in scaling from five corridors to a dozen – and more.
You enjoy working with people and data and figuring out what works and doesn’t. You are a fountain of ideas and never stop challenging yourself and your team to think differently, while being aware of our customer needs and preferences. You are enthusiastic about working in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing startup.
- Experiment with new acquisition methods, channels and tools - never stop experimenting
- Establish metrics and tracking tools for Growth and interpret results to drive new initiatives
- Manage a budget, set priorities in spending, and be accountable for results
- Recruit, manage, and invest in talent to build a best-in-class Growth team
- Work cross functionally and provide insights on communities to ensure Taptap Send has the best product offering in the market
- 4 years’ experience working for a top tier company, with a minimum of 2 years in growth or marketing in a high performance environment or leading marketing agency
- Highly analytical and data driven
- Experience managing direct reports, in a rapidly scaling environment preferred
- Keen interest in working on the ground with immigrant communities, meeting potential users and sensitivity to their needs
- Experience in running and driving experiments
- Fluent in English; French a strong plus
About the Organization
Taptap Send is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Guinea, Ghana, and the Ivory Coast, with more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We're helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
Taptap Send is a venture-backed start-up with investors including Reid Hoffman, the Omidyar Network, and Helios. We pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent -- our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we're looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small startup environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City's 'Escape 100'.