Project: EU leading the global energy transition
The action will establish a solid basis for expanding and deepening the EU’s energy diplomacy beyond the core group of countries with which it is interacting actively through multilateral structures or bilateral agreements. The action will allow the EU and its MS to make available their expertise on the energy transition and, in general, complement existing energy and political dialogues and cooperation instruments in a wide variety of countries.
Purpose: To support the European Union in leading the global energy transition as a building block of achieving the external dimension of the overarching political priority of the European Green Deal. To promote the European Union and its Member States’ approach, technical knowledge, rules and experience in energy transition in specific partner countries and to promote business opportunities for EU’s industries in sustainable energy technologies.
Key expert 2: Expert is sustainable energy and energy efficiency
The sustainable energy and energy efficiency expert will work on all three tasks of the assignment.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, economics, communication, geography, urban planning/development, architecture, engineering or another directly related discipline to this assignment.
- At least a level of C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in written and oral communication in English. A good command in French, Spanish or another relevant language to the assignment is an asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum 12 years full-time proven post-graduate experience working as an expert in the fields of sustainable energy and energy efficiency;
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in technical assistance and/or capacity building/training positions in the field of European energy policies such as energy transition and decarbonisation of the energy sector, renewable energy technologies, balancing of power systems, energy efficiency standards.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience working on energy transition issues related to any of the following regions: EU neighbourhood region, Central, South, and South-East Asia and Latin America.
The operational base for the project shall be in Brussels, Belgium. To accommodate for the evolving measures in view of the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions, the contractor will be allowed to have its staff telework or work from other base with consideration for easy mobilisation, with prior approval by the Contracting Authority. In any case, travelling to Brussels and related costs are included in the fees.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 1 October 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.
Working days: The key expert should be allocated a minimum of 165 working days per year of implementation of the project. The professional dedication of each Key Expert for each individual assignment in their CV should be indicated in terms of number of working days/year. 220 working days per year is to be considered a full-time engagement.