Job Title: 4Children Lesotho Faith and Community Initiative Project Director
Reports To: Head of Programs
As 4Children Lesotho Faith and Community Initiative Project Director you will provide leadership and overall management of the 4Children Engaging Faith Communities Initiative project activities in Lesotho to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality project implementation in line with CRS’ program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines and industry best practice through engagement with faith communities and other key stakeholders.
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in social sciences, social work, public health, theology or related field
* Minimum of five years relevant working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of three years working for programming interventions in HIV/AIDS
* Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in HIV/AIDS programming. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach
* Experience in business development, project design and proposal development including technical writing.
* Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Strong knowledge and experience in budget management.
* Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Strong written and oral English skills
Travel Required: Up to 30% of travel required
Supervisory: Project Coordinator, Technical Associate Systems Strengthening, Project Officer
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.