Middle East and North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services (MENA MELS),
The Middle East and North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services (MENA MELS) Activity delivers high-quality technical support for monitoring, evaluation, and learning to the Middle East Bureau, its ten field missions, operating units, and implementing partners. Project services include monitoring systems, evaluations, assessments and research; analysis and synthesis; learning and utilization; and MEL capacity building and training. Additional information on the MENA MELS Project is available on the MSI website.
MENA MELS seeks a Local Evaluator in Mosul to join a team of technical experts in an evaluation of the Middle East and North Africa Investment Initiative (MENA II) Program in Iraq. The activity was designed to advance development of the private sector in Iraq by providing support to early stage businesses to promote sustainable job creation, improve business competitiveness and encourage increased equity investment in early stage businesses.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position**
The Local Evaluator will be responsible for primary qualitative data collection for the evaluation under the direction of the MENA II Team Lead, Evaluation Specialists, and MENA MELS staff. They will also play an important role in providing contextual and background knowledge and assisting in analysis as necessary. This will include participating in a qualitative data refresher training course, collecting primary data in-person or via telephone and supporting in the analysis. This position reports directly to the Team Leader and is a short-term assignment from May to June 2021.
- Participate in qualitative data collection training
- Review data collection instruments for cultural sensitivity, country norms, technical accuracy, and improved data quality
- Collect primary qualitative data through key informant interviews
- Take extensive notes during primary data collection
- Support in the data analysis of interviews
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or business required
- Minimum of three years of work experience in data collection
- Sector-specific knowledge and expertise in small business development or development finance
- Ability to travel throughout Mosul and the surrounding region as needed
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Teams and other video/voice calling software
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Experience working in such roles with USAID projects is preferred
- Fluency in Kurdish and Arabic required
- Professional proficiency in English required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.