The M&E House provides specialist performance management services to the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and their partners in Timor-Leste. GHD Pty Ltd, in partnership with Clear Horizons, has been contracted by DFAT to implement the M&E House. The M&E House commenced in early 2017.
The M&E House will facilitate the design and implementation of a single, whole-of-program Performance Management System that is designed and delivered through a three-way partnership: DFAT, their Implementing Partners and the M&E House team themselves. It will support the use of credible information to understand the impact, performance and relevance of the Australian aid program in Timor-Leste.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role will see the successful applicant work in and foster a highly participatory environment, based on performance management and provision of influential stakeholder information. Specifically, this role will include:
- Identification of project ICT infrastructure and various ICT tools
- Provide advice on functionality of ICT to support required MIS
- Assist in developing suitable data caption tools
- Facilitation of workshops and provision of presentations
- Facilitate training of stakeholders
- Report preparation
Required skills and experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and implementation of performance management/ monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Demonstrated experience in designing whole-of-program performance management systems for donor agencies is an advantage.
- Strong and demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Management Information Systems, with experience in ICT applications an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills,
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to innovation.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field.
- Experience in Asia/ Pacific preferred.
Contract Type (Length of Term)
Term is 2 years, with an option for additional periods.
This position is classified as C4 (Long Term Adviser) under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – for further information refer to http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Pages/adviser-remuneration-framework.aspx
The successful candidate must adhere to GHD’s Child Protection Policy, Integrity Management Policy, Code of Conduct and other key policies.
Applicants are requested to provide a cover letter responding to the selection criteria above with a current CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
GHD is a one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Wholly owned by its staff, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients worldwide, and has been doing so for more than 85 years.
GHD provides a wide range of multidisciplinary project services to international development agencies and governments in developing countries. These services are provided through GHD’s International Development Assistance (IDA) Group, which specialises in the provision of expert advice and project design and management services in developing countries worldwide. We work in harmony with local communities and staff from executing agencies to deliver sustainable outcomes, with the highest standards of integrity and business ethics underpinning our approach. This commitment to high standards of integrity extends to our expectations and support of our staff and sub consultants.
Our commitment to improving lives and reducing poverty, is backed by over 45 years' experience on more than 800 international development projects. A majority of these projects have been managed for the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the World Bank (WB) and for Australian Aid.
Primarily operating in SE Asia and the Pacific, we work in consultation with government agencies, local communities and other stakeholders in both urban and rural settings. Our experienced, professional staff have an in-depth understanding of the underpinning cultural, social, economic, institutional and technical issues in the developing countries in which GHD operates. Our people are committed to respond to the needs and requirements of our clients and the project beneficiaries.