Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, and learning director for the Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE). TRACE, funded by USAID, is a five-year project that seeks to support communities to reduce their risk of instability and increase resilience to violent extremism. Through a rigorous community-based development approach, the program will strengthen the voices of underrepresented groups (including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas) and actively engage community members as participants and leaders in the full cycle of design, management, and evaluation of development activities. The monitoring, evaluation, and learning director will hold the project’s most senior monitoring and evaluation (M&E) position and be responsible for overall program-level M&E. In coordination with the project’s chief of party, grants manager, technical program staff, and USAID, the director will design and lead implementation of the program’s M&E plan. The director will also lead the project’s research agenda, including identifying knowledge gaps and developing research objectives to answer specific questions aimed at informing programming. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- In coordination with program staff, lead the design, implementation, and ongoing revision of an M&E system that adheres to USAID guidelines and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting
- Provide overall support, advice, and oversight on program-level M&E and oversee data collection efforts
- Supervise, train, and mentor the M&E team, including M&E specialists
- Offer technical assistance in the development, selection, and application of M&E processes and tools
- Coordinate with the grants manager on grant-level M&E efforts, ensuring quality and consistency
- Oversee and advise colleagues on information management processes by reviewing data collection efforts, overall data reliability, consistency, and quality
- Lead and manage program-level evaluation efforts, including the development of studies that examine high-level outcomes and the utilization of external M&E resources
- Provide input and advice on procurement of M&E third-party services, if needed
- Help identify, analyze, and synthesize lessons learned from program implementation and ensure lessons and best practices are incorporated into future initiatives
- Build capacity of program and grantee staff on key M&E concepts, tools, and processes
- Master’s degree in M&E, statistics, or another related field required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing and implementing M&E systems and training staff on their use
- Experience with mobile data collection and data visualization applications preferred
- Experience with M&E for USAID or other donor-funded programs, programs with large grant components, or programs focused on youth and community engagement preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including experience using statistical software such as Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), Stata, or Statistical Analysis System (SAS)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent French and Arabic, and proficient English is required. Fluency in English is strongly preferred
Please send electronic submissions, including your CV and cover letter (and references, if applicable), to TRACErecruit@chemonics.com by March 31, 2018, with “Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Director” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.