DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and trans-form lives around the world.
DT Global is seeking an Operations Manager who will have overall responsibility for multiple operational functions in support of the Washington, DC home office. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Operations, the Operations Manager will provide support to the business process management, accounting and indirect cost processes, and corporate administration.
Successful candidates should have prior experience in a management or leadership role; they will be expected to use a wide degree of creativity, experience, and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
Business Process Management
- Provide advice on organizational policy and procedures and ensure that handbooks and other documentation are updated or adapted as new situations, tools, or service offerings are added.
- Periodically review and analyze reports, operating procedures, manuals and other related data, to determine efficiency and effectiveness and recommend ways to improve procedures and processes.
- Coordinate and guide the work of other team members. Serve as the primary point of contact for review of actions for the Vice President’s clearance and/or approval.
- Plan and facilitate bi-weekly Ops-PMU meetings to disseminate updates and new policies/procedures to PMU members; request data from PMUs related to project activities and field operations; and review USG and DT Global rules and regulations.
- Develop standardized tools and reporting dashboards for executive-level information on critical operations issues such as hiring pipeline and indirect rate status.
Accounting and Indirect Cost Support
- Review global expenses and support the correct and cost-effective allocation of Operations spend across the DT Global structure to include inter-company pricing. Primarily IT, shared security services, and other corporate allocations.
- Provide budget and financial analysis including updating the indirect cost budget on at least a monthly basis to capture cost trends in the operations cost pools and to make changes to these tools for new hire activity and/or major contract wins that impact rate forecasts.
- Facilitate monthly project-specific financial reviews, including scheduling and coordination; note-taking; and follow-up on due outs.
- Advise on new project Start-Ups, specifically establishment of field operational platforms, and serve as primary coordinator for establishment of DT Global foreign offices, including corporate registration and bank account opening. From time to time, serve as a member of project start-up teams.
- Support corporate procurements of large systems, services, (e.g. ERP, expense system, security, real estate leasing) through market research, SOW preparation, and membership of evaluation panels.
- Using service provider, capture all DT Global legal entity information related to annual and semi-annual tax filing, unemployment reporting, FBAR submission etc. and ensure this data is correctly linked to accounting.
- Serve as the primary coordinator for corporate insurance matters including estimated and audited billing, data collection, and sharing summarized data for global users.
- Liaise with global counterparts on operational matters as necessary
- Other operational duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, operational management or other related area of study
- 5-7 years’ experience working in corporate/business operations for a government contractor focused on procurement, compliance, or cost accounting.
- Experience with cost accounting, interpreting financial data and allocating budgets
- Ability to work independently, should also be able to juggle multiple tasks at any given time with a high attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong capability with MS Office software; including complex formatting in MS Word, PowerPoint, and advanced formulas, charts, and graphs with MS Excel
- Experience briefing senior personnel
- Experience supporting a USAID contractor highly preferred
- Previous international experience is preferred, especially in field office establishment and overseas operations.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.