Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
The WGE Policy Reform Expert (PRE) will support BCs in the Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia and Myanmar to support their members to undertake policy reform work. Member companies will be supported to identify issues that inhibit WGE advancement within their markets. Undertaking research to identify influencing opportunities and potential partners, the PRE will assist each of the 4 BCs to develop and implement a policy reform action plan.
The PRE will also provide support to the BCs to undertake research into WGE priorities and to communicate outcomes and achievements to a range of audiences.
The PRE will support the P1 team in creating communication products to promote the work of IW and the BCs.
- Identify policy reform opportunities within each of the 4 countries;
- Support BC members to identify priority issues and develop policy reform action plans;
- Support BC staff and members to implement action plans providing examples of strategies;
- Monitor labour law and policy frameworks and provide high- quality information to BCs to support their interventions;
- Ensure the availability of local/international resource experts and provide support to those short-term advisers;
- Assist BCs in communicating work relating to WGE and policy reform;
- Support P1 knowledge management by capturing and recording P1 outcomes and impacts;
- Support P1 communication needs by developing and delivering communications products for internal and external audiences.
- 8 years’ experience in leading policy-influencing strategies
- Experience of implementing strategies to advance gender equality
- Proven ability to draft gender analysis of current policy
- Prior work with private sector
- Highly skilled communicator with proven ability to produce high quality outputs for a range of audiences
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘More Information’ section below.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 18 July 2019 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.