The Procurement Analyst will report to the Innovation & Improvement Team Leader and will participate in the design, development, delivery, and management of procurement analytics.
The functional responsibilities of this position include;
- Prepare all tables/graphs in R programme for the Annual Statistical Report and assist in the report coordination and analysis.
- Work in close collaboration with the oneUNOPS (UNOPS ERP solution) reporting team to provide easy to access reports, views, and dashboards to heighten the ability to take action on relevant procurement related focus areas.
- Develop and maintain a robust analytics program including reporting procurement information across UNOPS and centralizing data collection, analysis, and online reporting through Microsoft PowerBI and Google Data Studio.
- Analyze UNOPS procurement related information to identify patterns and trends. This includes: spend analysis, vendor data, sustainability indicators, contract compliance data and benchmarking.
- Establish a methodology to collect relevant procurement statistics, ensuring robust, consistent and trustworthy data; this will include:
- Preparing and implementing data capture methods/databases.
- Review and improve procurement data quality and validation protocols.
- Ensure data integration with source data to and from relevant systems
- Generate regular, periodic and ad hoc reports on procurement etc. in support of the team, and for internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Economics or equivalent is required.
- A university degree with a combination of at least 2 additional years of relevant past experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional work experience in systematically analyzing, evaluating, and reporting business-related data and/or statistics is required.
- Must have working knowledge of ‘R’ Programming and MS Excel.
- Demonstrated work experience in business statistics, analysis, and modeling, preferably with a focus on procurement.
- Experience with a variety of commonly used techniques and models relevant for data capture, analysis, and presentation.
- A solid understanding of procurement and supply chain management is desired.
- Knowledge and use of data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio and Big Query will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of another UN language, specifically French and/or Spanish will be considered an asset.
About the Organization
Background information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background Information - Procurement Group
The mission of the procurement group (PG) is to provide procurement excellence across UNOPS that facilitates efficient and sustainable procurement delivery, enabling the success of our partners and clients.
Our core values in PG include; providing leadership in procurement; delivering as one team; creating value for partners and clients; progress through agility and adhere to and uphold the highest level of procurement principles in the UN.
The innovation and improvement team supports these objectives by leveraging information from systems and databases to provide UNOPS with accurate, consistent and meaningful data analytics to manage and improve procurement performance across the globe