Job Title: Program Manager
Department/Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Program Manager for a 5 year Millennium Challenge Corporation Interim Procurement Agents contract (MCC IPA) with the Program Procurement Group, a unit within the Sector Operations Division of MCC’s Department of Compact Operations
*This position is contingent upon award*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall team leadership and strategic guidance of project activities
- Oversee and manage the development, planning, and effective administration of the entire procurement process for selecting the suppliers, contractors and consultants for a variety of goods, works, and services as agreed in the specific country
- Ensure that the core teeam complies with all MCC reqiured procurement processess and IBTCI program standards
- Oversee and provide quality control over monthly status reports delivered to MCC to ensure timely submission
- Travel as needed to specific countries
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in international procurement, including experience with procurement practices as practiced by the World Bank, MCC, or other International donors
- 5 years of demonstrated procurement project management experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to travel internationally
- Proven expertise briefing executive leadership and coordinating program efforts at a senior management level, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with staff and program participants
- Oral and written fluency in English
Education: An advanced degree with a major in a relevant discipline, such as Procurement, Program Management, Procurement Management, Law, or Business.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.