1. SOLICITATION NO.: 72011721R04
2. ISSUANCE DATE: 2/23/2021
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: 3/23/2021 at 11:59 p.m. Chisinau Time
4. POSITION TITLE: Project Management Specialist (Energy)
5. MARKET VALUE: Basic Annual rate (in U.S. Dollars): $34,291-51,440 In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and ADS 309, the Local Compensation Plan (in effect at the time) of the U.S. Embassy to Moldova forms the basis of compensation. The LCP consists of the local salary schedule, which includes salary rates, authorized fringe benefits, and other pertinent facets of compensation. Final basic compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value. This salary range is not inclusive of other benefits and allowances.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Employment under any contract issued under this solicitation is of a continuing nature. Its duration is expected to be part of a series of sequential contracts; all contract clauses, provisions, and regulatory requirements concerning availability of funds and the specific duration of the contract shall apply. The initial CCNPSC contract will be for an initial five-year period, with possible renewal pending continued need for the position, contractor performance, and funds availability.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Chisinau, Moldova
8. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Foreign Service National Security Certification
9. STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The USAID Mission to Moldova (the Mission) is responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of USAID-funded programs operating throughout Moldova. The Mission is providing assistance to advance Moldova along its journey to self-reliance as a competitive and democratic European country that resists Kremlin and other malign influences, while being powered by an engaged citizenry and catalytic partnerships with the private sector. In particular, the incumbent is also called upon to support implementation of the Agency’s malign influence related Development Frameworks and navigate the sensitivities related to malign state actors’ attempts to impede Moldova’s Euro-Atlantic integration. Regional malign influence is deep, and the incumbent must be able to plan 4 year activities, but still provide rapid response solutions to sudden and unanticipated economic embargoes that target Moldovan energy security. The Senior Project Management Specialist for Energy (“the Specialist”) position is located in the Economic Growth Office of the Mission. Economic Growth has primary responsibility for managing a large and dynamic portfolio of projects focused on helping achieve the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy objectives, including helping build a competitive, European Moldova, well-integrated into western markets, and with an increasingly robust private sector that will improve the wellbeing of its citizens, enhance self-reliance, and become a strong and reliable U.S. partner. The Specialist will work in Economic Growth under the supervision of the Office Director and the Private Enterprise Officer. The principal role of the senior Specialist is to lead the design, management, and implementation of Economic Growth’s foreign assistance activities related to energy and related sectors. As a Specialist, the incumbent will serve as the Contracting or Agreement Officer’s Representative (A/COR) on one or more Economic Growth activities and may serve as the alternate A/COR for one or more activities. The senior Specialist for the energy sector advises on and assists with all aspects of the Mission’s Energy and related portfolio. He/she provides expert advice and high-quality service to support the Economic Growth Office in planning, implementing, managing, and monitoring the Mission’s energy portfolio, especially with regard to launching and overseeing the Mission’s future four-year bilateral energy program, and addressing the core vulnerabilities of Moldova’s energy sector.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in economics, engineering, finance, international relations or development, public administration, law, or other related discipline is required.
Prior Work Experience: This position requires at least five (5) years of professional experience, which demonstrates increasing responsibility for managing, analyzing, coordinating, and guiding significant analytical and/or project management efforts. This includes a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience related to the energy, environment, natural resource management sector, or related field, whether private sector or government. The experience should have been in responsible development assistance, or related work for USAID, other donor organizations, host-government organizations, or the private sector. Recent experience in the area of economic sector development as applied to economic growth and economic reform programs in transition economies, and areas of frozen and open armed conflict is required.
Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluent proficiency), in both written and spoken English, is required; Level IV (fluent proficiency native facility) in Romanian is required, as well as Russian (Level IV), in order to communicate directly with outside contractors, and to interact with authorities in neighboring countries.
Only offerors clearly meeting the above minimum qualifications will be considered for further evaluation.