SNV seeks a talented, entrepreneurial, results-oriented and proven professional who will work with the country team in Cambodia to manage the CHAIN Project, delivering on its goal of increasing rural household income and nutrition from safe horticulture production and trade in targeted rural areas in Cambodia. The CHAIN Project Manager is also expected expected to contribute to strengthening SNV’s position in Cambodia to support the development of high-quality Agriculture programmes in the country and region.
The CHAIN Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of of the programme ,coordination with project implementing partners and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverable as required. S/he will ensure full compliance with the donor contract and regulations and will oversee the programme reporting process to the donor. As appropriate the Project Manager may become involved in resource mobilisation of SNV Agriculture programmes in Cambodia.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will have following key responsibilities:
- Execute overall programme management;
- Lead and steer the programme implementation, including annual work plans, budgets and project closure plan;
- Strengthen and manage partnerships with governments, key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Manage sub-contractors and coordinate project consortium partners;
- Manage donor relation and reporting to the donor;
- Overall management of all human and physical resources related to the project;
- Ensure proper control and management of financial resources of the project;
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of agriculture projects in line with SNV’s internal frameworks and donor guidelines;
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance;
- Facilitate learning, documentation and evidence-based knowledge development. Guide communication and branding in close collaboration with the donor;
- Present results and represent the programme in relevant national, regional and international fora.
- Business Development: positioning, develop proposals and secure funding for agriculture programmes;
- Contribute to SNV Cambodia management as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in Agriculture (Agriculture, Ag. Economics) or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive experience in agriculture service delivery including at least 7 years in a management role, preferably in Asia;
- Proven abilities in managing large scale and complex development projects in Agriculture;
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors and project managers in a multi-cultural setting;
- Visionary and able to strategically inspire and energise project teams operating in different parts of the country;
- Knowledge and understanding of the international development context and trends of agriculture sector;
- Proven ability to mobilise financial resources from the public and private sector; familiarity with key financiers and actors in the agriculture sector;
- Excellent social and networking skill as well as interpersonal and influencing skills to engage with governments, donors, the private sector and civil society;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations in the country to oversee and monitor project works and sites;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills.
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Contract Type: 2-year International Employment Contract with strong options for an extension
Expected Start Date: September 2020
Duty Station: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of Agriculture experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before/on July 12, 2020
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our unparalleled expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1400 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
Under its current Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV has more explicitly aimed for systems change during project preparation and implementation, working to strengthen institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org.
SNV is the lead agency of the SDC-funded Cambodia Horticulture Project Advancing Income and Nutrition (CHAIN). CHAIN supports female and male smallholder farmers (including ethnic minorities, where present) in increasing sustainable production, income, and resilience in four provinces in Cambodia: Kratie, Stung Treng, Preah Vihear and Oddar Meanchey. The project facilitates the empowering of rural smallholder producer groups in the market system, while working on the market development of local safe vegetables with other market actors. The project is currently in the its second phase and will start a third phase in January 2021.