● Positioning - Positions SNV within the sector at the country level, acts as a part of national sector working groups, builds and expands partnerships through professional profiling. Designs country strategy in line with global sector strategy, translates to country context and operationalises strategy. Aligns sector strategy with cross-cutting themes and provides coherence within country between sectors, in consultation with relevant internal stakeholders in contribution to the country positioning and year plan.
● Business development - Builds, maintains and utilises relationships with global/national stakeholders, represents SNV and identifies funding opportunities in line with (government) guidelines and Business Development policies and procedures. Coordinates and supervises pipeline management, review quality of proposals and coherence in cross-cutting themes and analyse success ratio.
● Knowledge and Learning - Contributes to organisational learning by gaining and sharing knowledge and best practices. Prepares, maintains and updates the (sector) knowledge agenda. Collects and disseminates knowledge products to stimulate internal and external knowledge exchange and to support global learning.
● Sector operations and implementation - Manages the Project Managers and Advisors of the sector, steers, monitors and reports to Country Management Team (CMT) on portfolio of sector projects/programmes and executes quality control of country sector projects. Ensures compliancy with project objectives, customer requirements, corporate KQIs, delegation agreement and frameworks including monitor and evaluation indicators, timeline, budget and contract management.
● Advisory services and portfolio Management - Provides expert (sector) advise in strategic projects and programmes, leads key assignments in the sector/country. (If applicable) Acts as the Project Manager for one or more projects in the sector.
● People management and leadership - Guides, leads and contributes to development and quality of practice, in line with global (sector) strategy, cross-cutting themes and in consultation with Global Sector Head and Country Management Team. Guides, leads, develops, coaches and motivates staff, to ensure project/ programmes goals are being realized.
● Master’s degree in specialised/relevant technical field and (8 or more years) experience in project implementation and in specialised expertise/sector.
● Experience in proposal development and business development.
● Proficient in English and Portuguese languages, speaking and writing.
● Entrepreneurship - The ability to recognise opportunities for new services and products and act accordingly, taking measured risks into account.
● Conceptual thinking - Having and gaining insight into situations, problems and processes. Deconstructing problems and systematically investigating the various components. Having a complete picture of the context and overview of the whole problem.
● Result orientation - The ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
● Leadership - The ability to provide direction and guidance to a group of people and to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective.
● Focus on quality - Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
Contract duration: 2-year contract, with the possibility of renewal
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Duty station: Maputo, Mozambique
How to apply
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters on or before May 26, 2021 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be held in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that candidates who make it to the job offering stage, we will require 3 references. We will not contact these references without your explicit consent.
All information will be held in the strictest confidence.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
The Sector Leader is part of SNV’s Country Management Team and is the lead for our agriculture sector in Mozambique. The Sector Leader works at a national level and represents SNV in contacts with stakeholders externally and steers the agriculture sector programme development and quality of practice at the country level, in line with the global sector strategy and in consultation with the Global Sector Team and the Country Management team. The Sector Leader oversees all Project Managers in the agriculture sector to ensure programme implementation is in line with the global sector agreements, and to improve the quality and overall sector performance at the country level.
Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.