Chemonics seeks a Senior Program Associate for the Asia Regional Business Unit. The Asia RBU has twelve active projects in eight countries and a range of technical areas including: rule of law, environmental and natural resource management, agriculture and livelihoods development, private sector development, tourism, and greater social inclusion to promote broad-based economic growth in the region. The exact portfolio assignment will be made at time of hire.
2021 is proving to be a dynamic year for the Asia RBU! We seek candidates with a passion for working in Asia, commitment to creating a positive and productive working environment, and a focus on promoting Chemonics’ values. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Responds to questions from home and field offices regarding Chemonics and client policies and regulations
- Liaises directly with the grants, procurement, core compliance, and other relevant support departments to ensure project compliance with rules, regulations, and corporate policy.
- Reviews project deliverables and reports for completeness and provides comments and technical input. Drafts financial deliverables
- Drafts and completes project approval requests (e.g. change of key personnel, prime contract modifications, grant modifications, and no-cost extensions, etc.), subcontractor and grantee obligation and administrative modifications, procurement action requests, and delegations of authority for home and field office employees, and submits for approval
- Leads new business recruitment efforts for expatriate and local staff, including sourcing candidates, conducting interviews, checking references, collecting employment verification documentation, deciding upon finalists, and negotiating salaries
- Participates and serves as mentor on proposal teams in specific line roles including, but not limited to, past performance reviews, corporate capabilities, resume formatting, expatriate and local recruitment, coordinator, section writer, cost volume, and manages communications and agreements with potential and selected subcontractors
- Leads monthly reforecasting for project budget; drafts monthly budget and staffing memos; participates in corporate budgeting process as requested. Presents budget to project leadership as requested. Provides review of monthly local expenses and draft invoices; provides final review of monthly locals package for approval
- Drafts and analyzes subcontractor invoices and backup documentation. Drafts subcontracts and subcontractor modifications; liaises closely with subcontractors on administrative and invoicing tasks and contractual management issues
- Provides travel support for employees and consultants by gathering relevant travel information, reserving tickets, and seeking necessary travel authorizations and approvals. Liaises with traveler to collect expense reports and required backup documentation. Provides initial review of expense reports for accuracy and completeness
- Facilitates repatriation of employees and consultants by submitting separation paperwork, updating allowances, coordinating travel and household effects in coordination with relevant support divisions
- Schedules and leads meetings as appropriate, prepares meeting agendas, captures and shares notes, and tracks project communications
- Maintains paper and electronic files for the project in the home office
- Contributes to technical practice(s) as appropriate
- Serves as acting PMU manager as necessary
- Performs other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years of relevant administrative or professional work experience
- Minimum one year of contractual, project management, or related experience
- Experience with data entry, filing, cataloguing, retrieving, and preserving records preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management with minimum oversight
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Language proficiency for assigned geographic area preferred
- Previous experience working in international development and/or living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks per year
Apply through our Career Center by May 7, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.