Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) Ethiopia Support Program (ESP) aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
Dexis provides the personnel, systems, and technical capacity needed to ensure that ESP is operational, grant-ready, and active in activity implementation. The activity planning is process is underpinned by a robust research agenda, supported by both internal and external resources, that guides strategy, the selection of geographic areas of focus, and programming priorities.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Senior Research and Partnership Officer to enter into a Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), whereby Dexis may place orders for services thereafter under terms and negotiated in advance, based on the outlined expected responsibilities below. This position will report to the Chief of Party or designee.
This is a consultant position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or remotely, with an immediate start date.
The key responsibilities expected, which will be requested as applicable under subsequent task orders, of the Senior Research and Partnership Officer are as follows:
- Supports all aspects of ESP’s learning agenda, to include developing/updating the learning agenda plan/outline, identifying research needs, conducting specific research efforts, identifying internal and external supporting resources, designing scopes of work for research firms and consultants, and validating research/learning products developed for the program;
- Performs tasks independently and in collaboration with program stakeholders and other research consultants;
- May serve as a consultant team leader if multiple research consultants are working on an assignment or product;
- Conducts local analysis and research to inform the direction of the program, with a specific focus on Tigray, Amhara, and Oromia Regional States;
- Liaises with stakeholders and delivers briefings/presentations to a variety of audiences;
- Develops rapid ad hoc information products and reports, such as rapid contextual analyses/snapshots, local assessments, status/impact updates, and responses to quick requests for information from the client;
- Conducts more detailed research and analysis efforts to provide a picture of the Ethiopia’s constantly evolving context and the program’s relation to it, which could include tracking major local political milestones and legislation, polling and perception data, stakeholder mapping, select KIIs with high-level GoE and USG officials, and other relevant research/analysis/data collection work;
- Supports the activity development/implementation/closure process, as requested;
- Coordinates closely with the Program Development Officers and Monitoring and Evaluation Team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Creative, new concepts and approaches-mindset wanted.
- Demonstrated experience working with community-based organizations and groups in participatory program development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in programs requiring community-level engagement.
- Ability to deliver training on topics related to local community-based organizations and NGO organizational strengthening.
- Extensive knowledge of the current political, ethnic, religious, and conflict dynamics that exist within Ethiopia at the national and regional levels.
- Established networks within ESP’s target regions. Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in writing reports, preferably for USAID/OTI.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in environments experiencing political transition.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working on a USAID-funded project, preferably USAID/OTI.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.