SHELADIA is seeking a Senior Resident Engineer with the below experience in Afghanistan.
The Senior Resident Engineer is a highway engineer, who:
- holds a degree in civil or highway engineering;
- preferably has 15 years of experience or more with 10 years of experience in similar positions and assignments involving construction and management of large road projects, as well as contract administration;
- can demonstrate three previous assignments as resident engineer for the construction of flexible AC pavements for highways or airport runways
- is familiar with various international standards for design and construction including staging of works and various methods of construction including: temporary works, construction planning, scheduling and progress monitoring, implementing a security plan, assigning equipment and personnel, testing and field trials, and “as-built” drawings; (v) is fluent in English; and
- has regional experience in Central Asia. Detailed tasks include:
- Ensure that the Contractor is granted possession of the Site in accordance with the agreed program.
- Liaise with the appropriate authorities to ensure that all affected utility services are promptly relocated.
- Review and approve the Contractor’s traffic management plans.
- Carry out checks on the Contractor’s setting out and ensuring that the Works are carried out in accordance with the drawings and other design details.
- Maintain full and detailed permanent site records including site correspondence, survey data, quality acceptance data, site diaries, measurement and certification, minutes of meetings and records of all other contractually relevant matters.
- Monitor the Contractors’ quality control procedures and laboratory testing and carrying out Independent testing as required.
- Ensure that Works are executed in accordance with all provisions of the Contract, including those relating to standards of materials and workmanship, health and safety requirements and environmental protection requirements.
- Measure the works, agree and certify interim and final payment certificates for submission to the Employer in consultation with the Team Leader, and assisting the Employer in preparing loan withdrawal documentation to ADB.
- Assist Team Leader in administrating, assessing and, where appropriate, making recommendations on applications for extension of time, claims for additional payment and other contractual disputes.
- Maintaining regular estimates of the cost to completion and time to completion for the Contracts.
- Reviewing the Contractors’ proposed program and technical recourses for routine, emergency and winter maintenance and provide training to EA staff who will take over quality control and administration of maintenance.
- Assist land acquisition and resettlement activities being undertaken by the Government and the provincial authorities in cooperation with the Resettlement Specialists.
- Prepare, with the assistance of Environmental Specialists, environmental monitoring reports for inclusion in the quarterly and annual reports.
- Monitor the implementation of the health and safety program on Site including the information and education campaign on sexually transmitted diseases including HIV/AIDS as required by the Contract.
- Ensure that no child labour is employed under the Contract.
How to Apply: Applications should include a CV and cover letter.
This position is open until filled. Please send CVs to email@example.com –
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. SHELADIA believes that practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all the entities involved, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions, and operational systems, to optimize the use of available resources.