DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is recruiting in response to a recently released USAID request for proposals entitled, ”Latin America and Caribbean Learning and Rapid Response Task Order (LACLEARN),” which will contribute to improving USAID’s work in Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) and citizen security/violence prevention through two primary work streams: 1) state-of-the-art, gender-informed analytical work, assessments, research and special studies; results management support; and training that contribute to sector learning in the region and build an evidence base for effective programing, and 2) targeted short-term technical and analytical activities in transition environments that require rapid response programming support until other funds, mechanisms, and actors can be mobilized.
Scope of Work
DevTech is seeking a full-time Senior Technical Advisor who will be responsible for the technical aspects of task order analytical work, including ensuring the rigor and quality of methodological approaches, application of cutting-edge evidence and research to task order activities, and providing technical leadership.
· Must have a PhD, master’s degree or JD in political science, governance or another related field;
· Must have 12 years of experience providing technical expertise across a range of DRG sectors, including rule of law and governance, civil society and media, elections, human rights, citizen security, and political transitions;
· Must have at least 8 years of experience working in Latin America at a senior level;
· Must have experience conducting complex DRG analytical tasks, such as assessments, political analyses, and research;
· Must have experience serving as the team leader for assessments (DRG Assessments, PEAs, etc.), subsector and technical analyses, transitional environment technical assistance or rapid response teams, special studies, and technical assistance to missions (program design, results management, and strategic planning);
· Must demonstrate experience working in complex operating environments and on highly politically sensitive democracy sector activities, such as those where transition response activities will take place;
· Must have experience with DRG sector analytical and technical assistance program implementation, including the integration of DRG issues into other sectoral work (e.g. environment, health, education, etc);
· Must have experience in academia and/or as an analyst, researcher, or related work that includes extensive analytic experience. As a result, must be able to conduct high quality and in-depth analysis of the political (and to a lesser degree economic and social barriers to democratic development and consolidation) and analyze new and emergent issues and phenomena on a variety of DRG topics and issues;
· Must be able to translate findings into recommendations that are actionable;
· Must be able to write in a concise and clear manner;
· Must be able to work independently or as part of a team;
· Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred; and
· French/Haitian Creole proficiency a plus.