About the role
Cardno is seeking a number of short-term Social Development Specialists to conduct background research; provide technical inputs; design and implement Resettlement Action Plans for our development projects. There will be some field based work included.
As the Social Development Specialist, you will possess and evidence a considerable depth of experience in leading, conducting and articulating social impact assessments. Specifically in resettlement planning in developing countries and development of gender inclusion strategies for infrastructure projects. You will have:
- MSc degree in social sciences, economics, public policy, international development, natural sciences or relevant field.
- Technical experience of designing inclusion strategies for all vulnerable groups including gender and disability
- Technical experience contributing to inclusive social dimensions of infrastructure programmes
- Ensuring integration of key cross cutting aspects across infrastructure programmes
- A strong developed technical network to draw upon recent research
- Strong advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building skills
- Excellent research skills, in both qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrable excellence in oral and written English language skills
- Candidates with working experience in Africa are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter, including “Social Development Specialists” on the subject line.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.