Staff Accountant, Arlington, VA
The Staff Accountant will be an essential member of the Accounting team and the Finance Department, supporting all accounting needs. This position will report to the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist. This role will be remote presently to COVID-19, but will then be an in person role out of our Arlington, VA office.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position**
- Review expense reports and fee invoices for accuracy, completeness, and compliance
- Process the payment requests for associate expense reports and fee invoices for entry and payment
- Process monthly MSI HQ rent payments and reclass entries
- Process employee and associate travel advance requests
- Review corporate entry in the accounting system of all payment requests submitted by Accounts Payable Request Form (APRF)
- Review and process monthly travel department credit card reconciliation
- Manage outstanding employee and associate travel advances
- Report Taxable Allowances Reporting to MSI Payroll
- Act as administrator for corporate credit cards and manage all reconciliations
- Act as point of contact for expense report questions and lead trainings on expense report application and company specific requirements
- Act as a point of contact for accounts payable related questions
- Provide support in maintaining accounts payable internal and companywide resources
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Minimum of two years of experience in finance, accounting, or related field
- Experience in accounts payable required
- Experience with government contracting preferred
- Experience with USAID preferred
- English fluency required, proficency in a second language preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.