SoCha, LLC plans to submit a proposal to provide USAID/Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) services across its expansive partnership network in South Asia, the ASEAN region, Pacific Island Countries, and Mongolia. To provide quality MEL services, we seek qualified MEL professionals at the senior, mid, and assistant levels.
Scope of Work
Illustrative Functions of the Position
Exact reporting relationships will depend on the scope of work that SoCha delivers. Positions would frequently report directly to a Chief of Party, Project Director, Senior Technical Advisor, or similar position.
We are Actively Seeking the CVs of Specialists with Experience in One or More of the Following Areas to be added to our pool of consultants for future opportunities, on both short and long term contracts:
- Performance Monitoring, including:
- Developing performance monitoring plans
- Designing and optimizing quantitative and qualitative indicators for international development projects
- Designing or conducting performance or impact evaluations
- Mixing qualitative and quantitative methods
- Applying evaluation results to inform future programming
- Data Management
- Collecting and analyzing performance and financial data
- Developing GIS maps
- Data visualization
- Capacity Building in MEL
- Training monitoring and evaluation (M&E) professionals
- Coaching and mentoring local organizations in M&E methodologies
- Working with country evaluation associations to professionalize MEL
- Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting
- Coordinating with stakeholders
- Hosting learning events for international development partners
- Building institutional capacity and memory
- Incentivizing learning and sharing
- Facilitating learning events
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of USAID
- An understanding of international development sectors (including health, democracy and governance, economic development, agriculture/food security, the environment, and education) or cross-cutting themes (gender, OVC, youth, etc.)
- English language proficiency. Must be able to write clearly in English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- For Senior-level, an advanced degree and 7+ years experience with directly related experience in one or more of the areas outlined above (performance monitoring, evaluation, data management, capacity building, and/or learning).
- For mid-level, a university qualification in a related subject and between 3-7 years of directly related experience.
- For assistant level, a university qualification with demonstrated experience coordinating research or evaluation tasks, providing management consultation services in the international development industry, or organizing formal training programs.
- All openings will require a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior experience working with USAID preferred (including on USAID-funded work)
About the Organization
SoCha (a word created by combining the terms Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius, which is an IT hub for Southern Hemisphere international organizations. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.