Assignment Title: Survey Team Leader, Mali
Location: US and Mali
Technical Point of Contact: Program Director
IBTCI seeks a Team Leader for a survey of livestock, livelihoods water-points and agricultural activity in Mali. The Team Leader will provide overall leadership for the team, and s/he will finalize the survey design, develop data collection tools, coordinate activities, arrange periodic meetings, consolidate individual input from team members, and coordinate the process analyzing the data. Anticipate activities to occur potentially between June and December 2019, with an estimated LOE of 60-80 days.
Using your assessment and subject matter skills, perform survey design tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Leading a team of professionals in designing a survey and conducting field research to collect quantitative and qualitative data on a variety of indicators and questions
- Lead team meetings, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, and other activities
- Finalize survey design, coordinate activities, and arrange periodic meetings.
- Coordinate the process of assembling the final findings and recommendations into a high quality document.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to derive findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Draft data analysis sections of final project reports.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority for final work products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa preferred; Previous experience in Mali highly desirable though not required;
- Experience with international donors and high-quality report writing.
- Previous experience in livestock and/or other agricultural areas desirable.
- Master’s degree and 12 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Expertise designing large scale surveys of international development projects, preferably related to agriculture and rural development;
- Ten (10) years of relevant work experience;
- Strong data collection tool development, data analysis, methods (quantitative and qualitative), Key Informant Interviews, and writing success stories and/or case studies;
- Experience writing and producing reports and presentations for international donors and stakeholders;
- Knowledge of USAID’s monitoring and evaluation policies and reporting requirements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French;
Education: Bachelor’s degree in International Development/Affairs, Agriculture, Anthropology, or similar is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to/around Mali is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.