Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is preparing the EU funded project “Implementation of an Axle Load Control Program” in Liberia.
The overall objective is to improve sustainability and security of the regional roead transport system.
The purpose is to provide technical assistance to the ministry of transport to facilitate the MoT in the implementation of the axle load law and its related components.
The Team Leader (m/f) will support the Ministry of Transport (MOT) in its goal to implement Axle load Controls in Liberia to apply harmonized across the ECOWAS region. The role will require the training, mentoring and monitoring of the MoT staff assigned to the project.
The Team Leader (m/f) of the project will lead short term experts and the MOT staff in the implementation of control in Liberia through the application of the Axle Load Law and Regulations promulgated in Liberia in 2015/2016.
- Qualifications and skills
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Transportation Engineering or High way Engineering, development economics related degree or related field with a minimum of 10 years professional experience with competence in axle load.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Transportation Engineering or High way Engineering or related field with a minimum of 15 years experience.
- Cultural sensitivity and fluent in English with good reporting and presentation skills.
General professional experience
- Exerience in preparing planning for implementing axle load controls on at least one previous project.The expert will have undertaken at least three projects on which training was a significant role or at least two years’ experience on training assignments.
- Experience in operations, implementation, or supervision of axle load measurement.
- Must have worked in developing countries at least 10 years with West Africa as an asset.
Specific professional experience
- Have been Team Leader on at least two projects of a similar scope.
- Minimum3 year experience in axle load management in developing countries.
- Experience of the ECOWAS Supplementary Act relating to axle load controls would be an asset.
- Experience of EDF procurement procedures for goods and services and programme estimate management is essential.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EU format in english
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.