TRG is planning to conduct a donor-sponsored rapid assessment of the solid waste management (SWM) sector in the Caribbean/Central America region. The Team Lead would lead a desk review, a team in the field and author the final report, which is meant to take stock of the sector – creating a knowledge base while aggregating learning, evidence, and common perspectives and narratives toward solid waste management. The activity will require approximately five weeks of effort, including two weeks of fieldwork.
- Advanced degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, international development or related field
- 10 years or more of progressive work experience with SWM, ocean plastics pollution, recycling, service delivery, public-private partnerships/private sector engagement, service delivery financing, SWM legal and regulatory issues, with at least 5 years in a developing country context
- Experience working with bilateral and/or multi-lateral donors
- Ability to lead a team of international and local SWM experts
- Demonstrated skills in research, writing and presenting finding
- Professional fluency in English and Spanish and/or French
- Work experience in the Caribbean and Central America, particularly with islands or island nations
- Rapid assessment report on the state of the SWM
- Presentation of initial findings to be delivered to the donor at the end of fieldwork
- SWOT analysis
Specific deliverables will be determined as tasks are scoped and agreed on between TRG and the consultant.
About the OrganizationTraining Resources Group, Inc. (TRG) is an employee-owned management consulting and training firm located in Arlington, Virginia. Since its founding in 1973, TRG has grown steadily in size and in our professional capabilities.
TRG has worked in over one hundred countries providing training and organizational development services to clients in large and small corporations, international organizations, federal and state government agencies and non-profit organizations.
As an employee-owned firm, we are each personally committed to the work we do. We value our company's close-knit community and participatory culture. There is no "majority" shareholder, and in fact, no TRGer owns more than 10% of the company. We manage ourselves through an employee board of directors, committees and client service teams. We pride ourselves on our involvement in running and managing our own business. The clients we work with benefit from the over thirty years of self-management.
As a result of the working environment we have created, the vast majority of the consultants who have joined TRG in its thirty year history are working at TRG today. When a firm is able to retain its staff, the result is high quality work for its clients.
Like our clients, we constantly revise how we do our own work, developing and testing new approaches to leadership, employee involvement, and communications. We use our firm as a learning lab to test out ideas and learn new ways of managing that might prove useful to clients. We strive to remain on the cutting edge of our field by applying state-of-the-art methods to support clients in their own improvement efforts.