1. SOLICITATION NUMBER: 72052020R00005
2. ISSUANCE DATE: October 19, 2020
3. CLOSING DATE: November 16, 2020 (4:00 PM Guatemala Time)
4. POSITION TITLE: President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Coordinator
5. MARKET VALUE OF POSITION (Base Pay): $92,977 to $120,868 equivalent toGS-14 Salary to be paid within this grade will depend on experience, qualifications, and salary history. The standard compensation package also includes a contribution for life and health insurance and a contribution to FICA. If the selected candidate qualifies as an off-shore hire under USAID regulations, the employee will additionally receive post differential approved for Guatemala, housing, international travel, shipment benefits, and other applicable allowances.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: To start as soon as possible for a period of two (2) years plus three possible extensions of one year each depending on the need for continuation of such services, availability of funds, satisfactory performance, and the needs of the USAID Mission.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: The Coordinator will be based in Guatemala City, Guatemala but will be responsible for programming throughout five countries in Central America (El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama) and Brazil.
8. SECURITY CLEARANCE LEVEL REQUIRED: Secret Level Clearance.
9. WORK HOURS: 40 hours/week.
The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is the U.S. Government (USG) initiative to help partner governments to control their epidemic through the implementation of impactful and efficient HIV programs. This historic commitment is the largest by any nation to combat a single disease internationally. PEPFAR is overseen globally by the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator (S/GAC), and is driven by a shared responsibility among donors and partner nations to make smart investments to save lives. Thanks in large part to U.S. leadership, tremendous progress has been made in the fight against global HIV and AIDS.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
This position requires a highly qualified and experienced individual with exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, the ability to foster teamwork, strategic thinking, and understand the technical requirements to achieve the PEPFAR goals in Central America and Brazil. Consensusbuilding is a critical skill. The incumbent must be familiar with and be able to work well in an overseas environment and with a wide range of governmental and nongovernmental counterparts. The PEPFAR Coordinator shall have the following qualifications. These are the minimum qualifications necessary to be considered for the position:
Education: An advanced degree (master’s or higher) in a relevant professional discipline, such as Public Policy, Public Health, Business Administration, or related subject, is required.
Language Proficiency: Professional level Spanish ability is required. The incumbent must possess a high degree of proficiency in both written and spoken Spanish to interact with high level counterparts. Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus.