Chemonics seeks technical experts for the anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Conservation (WSC) Project in Lebanon. The goal of this project is to enhance conservation and protection of Lebanon’s water resources through improvements to public water and wastewater infrastructure, improved efficiency of water and wastewater management, and conservation of water resources. These will be full-time positions based in Beirut, Lebanon and will report to the chief of party. We are looking for individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and expertise in the following areas:
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Water resource management/wastewater treatment
- Subcontracts and grants
- Private sector engagement
- Community engagement
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building
- BS degree in water resources management, hydrology, business management, engineering, environmental and resource management, or related field. A related advanced degree is preferred
- At least eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of water and or wastewater related programs and/or activities in Lebanon development activities
- Experience working on USAID programs preferred
- At least eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in leadership and senior program management, strategic planning, and communicating with senior officials preferred
- Experience in engaging and communicating with the MoEW, MoE, MoI, LRA, and CDR
- Direct experience working the water and wastewater infrastructure, economic growth, and water conservation sectors in Lebanon
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, civil society organizations, private sector players, and host country government counterparts
- Native fluency in Arabic and professional fluency in English is required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Technical Experts in the subject line to LebanonWSCrecruit@chemonics.com no later than January 15, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.