Chemonics seeks a qualified youth engagement lead for the three-year, UK-Funded, Serious Organised Crime (SOC): Prevent – Alternative Pathways programme in Albania. This programme is managed by the UK Home Office and funded through the Conflict Stability and Security Fund (CSSF). The aim of the project is to reduce the impact of serious and organised crime (SOC) on communities and protect the most vulnerable members of society from criminal exploitation by diverting young people at risk of involvement, or already involved, in SOC in Albania. The youth development lead will be responsible for leading and implementing a youth development strategy to identify and target youth at-risk for serious and organized crime in Albania. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Identify youth communities within Albania at highest risk for becoming involved in serious organized crime, focused on societal, cultural and familial risks
- Work with partner NGOs to design and implement youth engagement strategy
- Coordinate with local governance leaders, youth networks, and other key stakeholders to promote youth engagement and empowerment
- Build the capacity of key stakeholders in SOC, youth engagement, crime-prevention and youth resiliency
- Oversee measurement, evaluation, research, and learning related to activities
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ technical experience involving youth, at-risk youth, and marginalized populations
- Experience in community mobilization, youth mobilization, and/or tackling Serious Organized Crime (SOC) preferred
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of youth engagement and empowerment in the context of disadvantaged communities and development programs
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and knowledge sharing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience working in Albania or the Balkan region
If interested, please complete the application at the following link by August 31, 2020. https://chemonicsuk.formstack.com/forms/youth_engagement_specialist_albania_pathways
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.