The U.N.’s Commission on the Status of Women presents an opportunity for actors from across the globe to discuss priorities when it comes to gender equality and the empowerment of women. Women Deliver CEO Katja Iverson joins New York Correspondent Amy Lieberman live from the U.N. They discuss what a typical day at the CSW looks like, and what the CSW means for priorities such as family planning and the future of the #AidToo movement.
• 'Women's empowerment:' Ambiguous term or effective call to action?
• Progress on gender equality 'unacceptably slow:' UN Women
• US 'regressive' stance at CSW dominates UN's largest meeting on women
• Helen Clark on #MeToo, #AidToo, and women empowerment
• What it will take to enter a new era of women's economic empowerment
Watch more episodes of Long Story Short:
Long Story Short #1: 5 stories to watch in 2018
Long Story Short #2: A new era for the World Bank?
Long Story Short #3: What the Oxfam scandal means for the aid industry
Long Story Short #4: The State of #GlobalDevWomen
Long Story Short #5: The cost of desensitization
Long Story Short #6: The "America First" development agenda