Jan Egeland, secretary-general at the Norwegian Refugee Council and former chief of the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, spoke with Devex President and Editor-in-Chief Raj Kumar on Monday in a wide-ranging interview about the evolving global COVID-19 pandemic.
In the interview, Egeland shares his perspectives on humanitarian funding for the COVID-19 response, the impact on aid workers, how international NGOs such as NRC are coping, and the potential long-term implications of this pandemic for global health, development, and humanitarian work.
More interviews with humanitarian leaders on COVID-19. Watch:
• Mark Dybul calls for global task force
• Amref Health Africa CEO on the impact on NGO finances
• Unacceptable — community health workers without COVID-19 protective gear
• Former OFDA chief gives Trump administration a ‘D’ on response
• How behavioral science is changing the response
Visit Devex’s dedicated COVID-19 page for more news, jobs, and funding insights.