This will have implications for other diseases such as measles, yellow fever, and COVID-19, which have been benefiting from the polio infrastructure and assets available in countries.
- Devex Newswire: The Gates Foundation flip-flops on vaccine patents
- The changing face of French aid
- Putting communities at the heart of equitable COVID-19 vaccine access
- USAID rethinks contracts that are 'too big to fail'
- Why the UN chief race might wrap sooner than expected
- Gates Foundation reverses course on COVID-19 vaccine patents
A new survey shows clear public support for governments to promote access to pandemic vaccines and prevent pharmaceutical monopolies.
Though Africa has been a global leader in the drone field, projects still fail to secure follow-on funding to scale. Experts say sustainable funding and diverse business models are the solution.
U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris says corruption poses a major challenge to addressing root causes of migration in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras.
Though activists say the decriminalization of homosexuality will lead to greater access to health care services for the LGBTQ community, studies have shown that progressive laws may not be enough.