Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Position Summary: Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is recruiting an energy expert to serve full-time as a Cross-Cutting Issues Lead to be based in Pristina, Kosovo to support the implementation of the USAID-funded administered Kosovo Energy Sustainability Activity (KESA) from April 2021 to February 2026. The goal of this activity is to improve Kosovo’s energy security by strengthening the capacity and sustainability of local institutions to advance electricity market development and regional integration, and to facilitate investments in energy infrastructure. In doing so, the activity will enable the energy sector to serve as a vehicle for the country’s economic growth and increase opportunities for economic participation among its citizens.
The Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) and Cross-Cutting Lead will provide support to the Chief of Party and activity managers to identify cross-cutting synergies across implementation activities. Examples of issues in common among many energy-related projects include private sector involvement, support for gender and youth issues, environmental considerations, and climate change implications. The CLA and Cross-Cutting Lead must be a resident in Kosovo with the ability to legally work in the country. The position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval.
Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Leads day-to-day donor coordination activities in the energy sector, as well as the project’s cross-cutting aspects, including communications, CLA, private sector engagement (PSE), gender, youth and the environment.
- Prepares definitions and objectives of the cross-cutting issues of interest - Develops a matrix approach to analyze each of the cross-cutting aspects mentioned in the previous bullet, and show how they fit relative to the technical work of electricity market development and strengthening of electricity sector agencies - Will develop and scope out 2-3 activities for each cross-cutting aspect, with clear expectation of tangible results
- Leads the project’s CLA integration efforts in line with USAID’s approach and other resources applicable in Kosovo - Develops project indicators and monitoring plans to assess how our programs are coordinated with others, are evidence-based and will remain relevant throughout implementation. - Develops proposals for joint projects with donors
- Trains project staff on USAID CLA tools and best practices to enable them to gather appropriate data to identify and assess how CLA is being incorporated in their respective workstreams - Leads communication with the USAID client and local counterparts on CLA efforts within the project
- Works collaboratively with each Objective Lead to identify additional technical needs and provide technical support as needed. - Meets regularly with gender, youth, environment, PSE and communications staff to remain updated on progress and ensure activities are well coordinated.
- Works closely with the Renewable Energy Lead to evaluate how RE can participate in strengthening project activities.
- Develops Climate Change as an additional cross-cutting issue.
- Provides inputs on all weekly, quarterly, annual USAID reports, ad-hoc communications or client requests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- BA or equivalent in international affairs, legal, economics, finance
- At least 7 years of experience working in the energy sector in the Western Balkan region - Demonstrated experience working with international donor-funded projects
- Basic technical knowledge of the energy sector and ability to understand the challenges and opportunities for women and youth for employment within the sector
- Good understanding of role and value of USAID approach toward collaboration, learning, and adapting
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and multiple project tasks to identify opportunities for
- Self-motivated with the ability to work
- Experience developing and leading teams to tackle issues of interest; supervision and mentoring of junior staff
- Excellent writing, communication and listening skills in English and in Albanian
- Good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, both independently and as a team member interacting with staff members and client representatives at all levels
- A high level of ethics, honesty, professionalism, diplomacy, ability to maintain confidentiality and commitment to customer service
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Fluency in Serbian language
- Advanced degree or advanced studies
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.