The Communications Officer - Videographer will, under the general guidance of and in close cooperation with the Communications personnel, be responsible for filming and submission of raw footage about the activities and results of the various UNOPS implemented Projects.
The selected incumbents will undertake the following activities/responsibilities:
- Gain basic knowledge about the projects implemented by UNOPS in Serbia through the review of main project documents
- Get familiar with visibility requirements of UNOPS, the projects UNOPS implements and the donors UNOPS Serbia Office works with
- Attend the meetings with the relevant Project personnel to understand project brief, needs and general vision and prepare the plan for filming and production of short films;
- Conduct filming of the projects – including aerial filming (drone), interview format with the appropriate lighting and sound recording equipment and dynamic filming of events and high level official visits; The filming of the projects will be conducted in the selected territories out of the area covered by UNOPS Projects and contain the interviews with the given stakeholders;
- Ensure full compliance of video communication products with the relevant brand manuals and graphic standards
- Upload the footage (raw material) on the designated Google drive (provided by UNOPS) approximately two (2) days after each filming day. The material must also be provided in lower resolution, as a real wheel, suitable for easy review and transcription.
- All products should be approved by the supervising Communications personnel before they can be considered completed
- All completed videos should be archived i.e. uploaded to a designated google drive
- Upon request the videographer is required to submit open editing files in the appropriate software at any stage of the filming process
- All copyrights to final products are reserved to UNOPS’ Serbia Project Office and its donors, implementing organisation and individual projects/programmes implemented by UNOPS in Serbia
Required Selection Criteria
- Bachelor degree preferably in Film, Film and Television Production, Dramatic Arts, Design, Fine Arts or related areas is required.
- Master’s or PhD/DA in a relevant discipline will be considered an advantage
- Two years of experience in filming, video/broadcast production is required.
- Experience in filming and making films relevant to the Terms of Reference, corporate and promotional movies is considered an asset
- Filming live events and high level visits is an asset
- Experience in use of VR/360 cameras will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in Serbian required
- Intermediate level in English is required
- Driving license and ability to travel independently is required
Considering that this assignment is for individual contractor, possession of following equipment and programme is required:
1. Professional cameras, producing material with the following characteristics -
- Video resolution 1920 x 1080 25fps;
- Video bit rate 50 Mbit/s CBR;
- Chroma sampling 4:2:2, 8 bit;
- Provide aerial filming (minimum requirement Chroma sampling 4 2 0, 35 Mbit/s) with all permits required for filming;
2. Professional sound equipment - including at least one boom pole microphone, two clip-on (lavalier) microphones and portable audio mixer;
3. Professional lights - of 3200 K for indoor filming and 5600 K for outdoor filming, and/or a series of filters;
In line with this the features must be provided in the format HD 1080/25P, 16:9, must not be up-scaled from SD format, and has to meet the following requirements/technical characteristics:
- Codec - Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) file standard or 50i HQ
- Video Bit Rate - 50 Mbit/s CBR (it may be higher depending on HD format)
- Chroma Subsampling - 4:2:2, 8 bit
- Video Resolution/Frame size - 1920x1080
- Aspect Ratio - 16:9 Full frame (adjustable to various media upon requests ( including 1:9,, 1:1 square, 4:5 vertical, 2:3 vertical)
- Frame Rate - 25 frames/s (constant)
- Audio - 48.000 Hz, 24 bit (Stereo), maximum permitted audio peak level -3dBFS with recommended audio peak level from -6 to -3 dBFS
Candidates who apply for this position are expected to submit, together with the application, CV, Cover Letter and a personal work portfolio that contains a list of web links to a reel of video samples with a minimum of three and a maximum of six selected works including but not limited to the above-listed formats. The diversity of portfolio is preferable.
The Portfolio/overview of previous work should meet all the above-listed requirements related to video material, tone and light - indoor and outdoor frames, aerial drone photo/videography, highest quality sound, highest quality picture - HD 1080/25P 16:9 format, Statements and coverage for narration.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, other professional editing software, After Effects and Photoshop
- Computer literacy: G Suite, MS Office, Internet
- Ability to run a video shoot, on location
- Skilled in interview-style lighting and audio recording
- Ability to work productively with various stakeholders
- Ability to travel extensively in the Programme Area of Responsibility
- Knowledge of local and national characteristics and scene in the AoR is an advantage
- Willingness to apply the same enthusiasm across all levels of assignments
- Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
This is a local position, it is therefore open to nationals of the Republic of Serbia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) - retainer
Contract level: Local ICA 8
Contract duration: One year with possibility of extension
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
About the Organization
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
UNOPS has been active in Serbia since 2000, and the operations of UNOPS Serbia Project Office (RSPO) have since 2017 expanded to North Macedonia and Montenegro.
UNOPS has been a reliable partner primarily of the Government of Serbia, and later of the Governments of North Macedonia and Montenegro, in providing support for demanding socio-economic reforms and facilitating accession to the European Union.
Currently, the RSPO is implementing 12 projects focussed on sustainable socio-economic development, social cohesion, creating environment for employability, business and infrastructure growth, increased security, improved education, enhanced social inclusion either via enabling durable housing solutions or providing access to health, education and jobs for the most vulnerable population. All projects have good governance and gender equality as transversal themes. UNOPS projects are contextualised within the broader Sustainable Development Goals framework and objectives.