Tetra Tech ES, Inc. based in Arlington, Virginia is seeking a Contracts Specialist. With limited supervision from the Senior Contracts Manager, the Contracts Specialist is primarily responsible for: (1) providing contractual advice to project offices and Project Managers; (2) ensuring compliance to various regulations, policies and contracts; (3) helping to draft and review procurement documentation.
This position will report out of our office located in Arlington, VA; however, there may be flexibility for a candidate to work remotely.
- Draft and modify purchase orders, subcontracts and independent consultant agreements.
- Support technical staff and field project offices by determining appropriate acquisition instruments based on project requirements.
- Under the direction and guidance of the Senior Contracts Manager draft and review procurement documentation including but not limited to RFQs/RFPs, evaluation memos, negotiation memos, and commercial item determinations.
- Draft personnel and salary requests, consents to subcontract, and other contractual matters.
- Perform cost/price analysis of subcontractor bids and proposals.
- Ensure project compliance with government contracting requirements such as FAR, AIDAR as applicable.
- Support Project Managers and global field offices with contractual matters.
- Assist with the start-up and close-out process for global projects.
- Submit and track contractual reports, monitor upcoming compliance deadlines.
- Continuously identify ways to streamline the Contracts departments’ procedures and processes.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of electronic files in line with the Department policies and procedures.
- Support audits and other related tasks as required.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.)
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s degree preferably in the International Development field or equivalent job experience.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations System and AIDAR.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent negotiating and analytical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and proficient in Word.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
Fluency in a foreign language.
Prior work experience with USAID contracting.
Apply online at:http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHGEp9UA
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.