Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: an ambitious, detail-oriented researcher and business-minded analyst who has a passion for organizing and analyzing important data and information to contribute to global development. You’re also excited about living in Barcelona and Manila for 3 months and learning from Devex’s dynamic, international team.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
You’ll join the development data powerhouse, conducting cutting-edge research on the world’s global development donors and other agencies. We track and analyze the funding flows of major donors such as the World Bank, ADB, USAID and the EU as well as implementers, corporations, private foundations, and other philanthropic organizations that operate at the intersection of business and global development.
Why this position is great for you…
- It’s an opportunity to work and live in two of the world’s most exciting cities, Manila and Barcelona, and innovate with Devex’s international team
- You’ll be working alongside passionate, collaborative colleagues who are conducting cutting-edge research on the world’s global development donors and other agencies.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Development Data Fellow are…
- Researching the activities of a host of diverse international development traditional and non-traditional donor agencies.
- Advising Devex members on various donor strategies and funding opportunities through member inquiries, editorial content, webinars and other channels.
- Engaging and establishing connections with donors and executing-agency counterparts to get more information on development funding trends.
- Extracting, organizing, synthesizing and analyzing various development data and presenting information to create value for Devex members.
- Participating in general team activities, including team meetings, training, and coordination work with other teams.
- Performing other tasks/duties that may be assigned.
To fit well in this role you must be versatile and highly-analytical with exceptional research abilities and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment. You should see the big picture, but also not be afraid to get your hands dirty with the data and the day-to-day operations and tasks.
You also must have…
- A passion for data
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Excellent social and communications skills that attracts colleagues to want to work with you
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in English
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- Knowledge of foreign languages
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation – you actually know what they do and how they work.
Location: This is a 6 months full-time global fellowship based both in our European Headquarters in Barcelona (3 months), and in our Asian Headquarters in Manila (3 months).
Get the conversation started by submitting an application now!
Interested applicants may submit their CV and cover letter. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.