Responsible for providing technical and strategic direction for HIV service delivery projects in the following five countries; Guatemala, El Salvador, Panama, Nicaragua and Honduras. Ensures that the program is applying MOH and PEPFAR best practices, policies and procedures to reach key and general populations and using data to reach targets and to driver performance. Establishes relationships with relevant stakeholders to support and advocate for policy changes that are barriers to implementing effective HIV services. This position reports to the Chief of Party.
- Leading the technical unit, to develop a comprehensive HIV care and treatment strategy that reflects PEPFAR priorities, best practices and meets the needs of each country context and the donor’s expectations.
- Advocate for inclusion of policies and procedures align with WHO and PEPFAR recommendations and the implementation in each country·
- Lead and manage technical unit to plan, direct and oversee, implementation of care and treatment interventions that meet the minimum PEPFAR requirements under its scope of work.
- Support the preparation of annual work plans, reports, information sheets, and publications, for distribution in each country and internationally.
- Ensure that the program is data driven and that staff are using data to improve performance and achieve targets. · Participate in meetings with the headquarters, the donor, MOHs and partners.
- Advocate for changes in MOH policies and procedures that are barriers to implementation, for example, multi- month dispensing of ARVs.
- Ensures technical quality within the framework of WHO and PEPFAR guidelines for the different Project interventions.
- Ensure that the project has the necessary tools, guidelines and standard operation procedures to implement quality services.
- Become familiar and disseminate to project staff the national, regional and international recommendations related to HIV and HIV/TB coinfection.
- Provide technical assistance to the project countries to advance the minimum requirements of PEPFAR, based on the ongoing regional operative plan and the annual work plan:
- Virological suppression
- Design and provide technical assistance for the implementation of differentiated care and multi-month delivery models.
- Coordinate with the Strategic Information Manager the registration of the information and the use of technological tools that support the implementation.
- Coordinate with other PEPFAR implementing partners to ensure coordination and synergy between programs
- Provide technical assistance to local partners in the implementation of Project interventions.
- Design a continuous training plan for the regional office and countries staff on the implementation interventions of the Project.
- Coordinate the dissemination process to communicate project progress and results to counterparts, partners and donors.
- Write success stories of each methodology implemented by the Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine or related area, with master’s degree in Public Health.
- At least 8 years of work experience in HIV/AIDS
- At least 5 years of knowledge and experience of the public sector, especially with Health Ministries, preferably at the Central American Region level.
- At least 5 years managing technical teams.
- Participation in the development of guidelines or national regulations.
- At least 5 years work experience with USG funded projects,, preferably with PEPFAR experience.
- Experience in adult training.
- Management of computer packages with emphasis on the use of spreadsheets and databases.
- Conflict resolution.
- Planning and facilitating trainings
- Report writing
- Preparation of handbooks and guidelines.
- Advanced English level
- Fluent Spanish
- Valid Passport
- Current driver’s license, willingness to drive a vehicle, and availability to travel.
- Innovation-Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence - Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Client Relationship Management - Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy current client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, Build and manage new relationships and collaborative alliances.
- Strategic Thinking - Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and application of business concepts, tools, and processes that are required for making sound decisions in the context of IntraHealth’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations; including supporting, identifying, assessing, and/or securing new business for the organization.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) - Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate professional communication behaviors
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1