DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
The Senior Cost/Pricing Specialist is an integral part of all proposal pricing efforts. The Pricing Specialist prepares proposal budgets and budget narratives. They are responsible for gathering and analyzing costs for developing and revising complex multi-million-dollar proposal budgets in accordance with client requirements, while utilizing advanced spreadsheet techniques.
The Ideal candidate will serve as lead resource with Cost/Price Volume production responsibility for complex price proposals. The candidate’s responsibilities will include in depth review of all request for proposals (RFP). Candidate will establish cost and pricing data for the development of proposals in accordance with government’s RFP, analyze and convey to senior management the necessary requirements of government’s RFP, prepare the cost volume (including cost proposal, reps and certs, and cost narrative), maintain all proposal documentation and supporting files, work with subcontractors in relation to the proposal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the cost and business proposal.
- Coordinates with the proposal team on strategic issues involving proposal budgets. Ensure that the proposal team is educated on client requirements for the cost proposals.
- Ensures proposals comply with DT-Global corporate policy
- Develops cost kick-off presentations
- Collects, prepares and analyzes historical cost data for use in budgeting
- Conducts internal budget reviews during proposal period
- Develops rough order of magnitude (ROM) budgets for discussion and cost strategies
- Presents budget reviews to key stakeholders including executive leadership
- Documents all cost assumptions and certify cost data.
- Reviews, edits and finalizes explanatory budget narrative to accompany budget in cost proposal
- Creates and/or modifies budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with client requirements.
- Manages assigned subcontractors as a part of the proposal process and perform activities including: developing budget templates, providing budget assumptions, negotiating budgets, reviewing budgets and notes, and ensuring final submissions conform to client requirements.
- Attends and participates in transition meetings of successful awards
- Assists colleagues with other budget development activities such as contract/subcontract budgets, task orders and pipeline analyses and review project budgets as needed during non-proposal periods
- Develops and manages DT-Global’s standard budget templates; including the development of project budget trackers
- Trains DT-Global staff in advanced excel techniques
- Reviews project budget modifications and assist with project financial management on an ad hoc basis
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant cost/pricing experience in government contracting, strong preference to experience with a USAID implementer.
- Minimum of 1 year of cost and pricing experience, preferably for a USAID contractor or NGO
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including logical functions, named ranges, knowledge of VBA is a plus
- Strong understanding of USAID rules and regulations including familiarity with the FAR and AIDAR
- Working knowledge of all contract types including: CPFF, CPAF, FFP, T&M and IDIQ. Experience with Cooperative Agreements and Grants is also a plus, but not necessary.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally on complex projects
- Experience working under hard deadlines and managing multi-deliverable projects
- Working knowledge of various project financial indicators and accounting principals
- Ability to think critically through complex business problems and communicate your work to a diverse audience including clients, partners, technical experts, proposal managers and executives.
- Ability to take full ownership of the cost volume with minimal oversight
- Desire to be part of a business that has a mission beyond commerce
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.