As COVID-19 cases continue to surge worldwide, our global team of journalists remains dedicated to keeping you informed of the latest news. In March, we looked into the pandemic’s impact on NGOs’ contingency plans, the implementation of an "enhanced community quarantine" in the Philippines, and the development of a rapid diagnostic test to be jointly manufactured in the U.K. and Senegal.
For our Devex Pro subscribers, we took our coverage even deeper. We delved into Swedish aid disbursements over the past decade and discussed the future of U.K. aid with a policy expert at the Center for Global Development, via an exclusive conference call. We also investigated Millennium Challenge Corporation's funding pause in Kosovo and spoke to water and sanitation experts to find out how to make WASH projects climate resilient.
Here’s a look at our top-read Devex Pro stories for March:
1. Who is John Barsa, the new head of USAID? Despite his lack of traditional international development experience, colleagues say he could bring political and managerial advantages to the role.
2. 5 questions about the EU's new blueprint for Africa. We spoke to Jutta Urpilainen, EU commissioner for international partnerships, to find out more on the Commission's new strategy for EU-Africa relations.
3. Partnering with the private sector: Lessons on putting impact before good press. Conservation International, The Nature Conservancy, and World Wide Fund for Nature offer advice on engaging with companies looking to build socially conscious brands.
4. USAID business forecast: Q2 2020. Forecast business opportunities and the value of these investments with the agency saw the largest increase in almost four years. We dug into the data shared in its recent business forecast conference call.
5. World Bank looks to systematize growing role in fragile states. In an interview with Franck Bousquet, senior director of the bank’s Fragility, Conflict and Violence Group, we explore the institution’s first-ever strategy aimed at streamlining its operations in FCV countries.
Have questions? Just send us an email at email@example.com.
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to make headlines, visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for news, job opportunities, and funding insights.