In a wide-ranging interview with Devex President and Editor-in-Chief Raj Kumar, Byanyima talked about how the two “colliding epidemics” are playing out, discussed the need for a multilateral approach to the pandemic, and expressed concerns about the possible unequal distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine.
“The right to health has never been more important,” Byanyima said. “You’re not safe until we’re all safe.”
More interviews with humanitarian leaders on COVID-19. Watch:
• How Jan Egeland sees the crisis developing
• Mark Dybul calls for global task force
• Amref Health Africa CEO on the impact on NGO finances
• Former OFDA chief gives Trump administration a ‘D’ on response
• How behavioral science is changing the response
• How Rwanda got ahead of the pandemic curve
Visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for news, job opportunities, and funding insights.