Human Resources and Operations Consultant,
Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP),
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement. The project includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
The HR and Operations Consultant will support the Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) Project in South Sudan. The consultant is responsible for the support of the efficient administration of human resources, general office administration, finance, and procurement. The consultant, in coordination with the Director of Finance and Administration and Logistics and Admin Specialist, will support implementation and management of internal controls to facilitate accurate and timely human resources, procurement, finance, and operations systems.
**Please note: Only South Sudanese citizens are eligible for this position.**
- Work closely with the Chief of Party (CoP) and Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)
- Post vacancy notices, filter CVs, arrange interviews and maintain all relevant documentation to support recruitment processes
- Manage staff compensation, benefits, training, retention and employee relations to support the DFA
- Support the DFA in managing coaching, counseling, advice and risk assessment on HR/employee-related issues for staff
- Maintain HR related files including updating the data base system
- Manage employee leave and employee time record processes
- Support the DFA in liaison with the Ministry of Labor on key personnel issues requiring their attention in coordination with MSI senior management
Operations and Finance Responsibilities
- Support procurement efforts of the project, including selection and negotiation with vendors
- Execute contracts and subcontracts, MPOs, etc.
- Maintain contact tracking logs
- Support DFA in the operations activities of MESP
- Process payments and scan financial documents
- Support administrative activities by organizing and archiving information
- Perform any other assignments as determined by project needs
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or relevant field is required
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated and proficient experience using computer applications
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills required
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English is required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.