Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: a proactive and innovative business development whiz who is excited about driving the growth of an up-and-coming business line through establishing and building partnerships with leading international development organizations.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
The Devex Partnerships function is growing fast and includes 5 independent, but related, business lines: Devex LIVE, Devex Advertising Strategies, Digital Communications, Surveys and Advisory Services and Devex Talent Solutions. As a Partnerships Manager, your primary role is to build relationships, develop partnerships and grow revenues with top companies, foundations, aid agencies and NGOs in the UK and across Europe. Here are some other reasons this position would be a great fit for you…
- You get to engage and problem-solve with the top organizations in development, humanitarian assistance and global health
- We’re a dynamic social enterprise that’s making a big impact every day and that has an open, collaborative culture
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Partnerships Manager are to…
- Identify and build relationships with prospective and current partners, including leading companies, foundations, aid agencies and NGOs from the UK and Europe that are likely to form win-win partnerships with Devex
- Build revenue with key accounts through closing partnerships by working in collaboration with individual Devex business line leads or, when appropriate, individually
- Serve as a liaison between Devex and the Key Accounts to ensure customer success from partnership concept, to development to implementation
- Collaborate with the rest of the global Partnerships team to figure out ways we can work together most effectively to ensure we are best able to solve the challenges of our partners
To fit well in this role you must have a deep understanding of how media companies can best leverage their high-quality journalism into successful partnerships while protecting and enhancing the brand. The other basic requirements for this role are…
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (International Affairs, Public Policy, International Business, etc)
- 3+ years work experience with a media, public affairs or similar company, preferably in a business development or similar capacity
- An established network in the international development community (or a proven record of being able to create one)
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and writing skills
- UK work authorization
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work
- You’re mission-driven, and you also like to go out and sell in order to drive that mission
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.