Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
This role is based in Split, Croatia. Only candidates who have the legal right to work in Croatia will be considered.
Responsible for liaison for assigned country programs through cross functional platforms and oversight of activities related to International Medical Corps Croatia (IMC Croatia) projects. Responsible for IMC Croatia’s new proposal, internal and external programmatic reports, regular monitoring of projects, internal and external coordination ensuring project quality assurance etc.
- Day-to-day Headquarters liaison for assigned country programs to ensure a prompt resolution of bottlenecks, coordination of communications between departments, including compliance, programming, logistics, legal, security, human resource and communication
- Day to day coordination of proposals, donor reporting process for assigned projects. Monitoring grant performance and overall assigned portfolio and flag any issue to the Program Manager
- Support dissemination of country specific information with relevant departments.
- Support with any country specific reporting requirements from other departments and vice versa. Regularly deploys to the field to assist in startup, staff coverage, and close out
- Ensures that donors and internal reporting is submitted on time and in fulfilment of contractual obligations for the countries covered
- External representation as required with donors and other stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
For International Medical Corps Croatia:
- Direct communication with donors and external stakeholders, as applicable.
- Serve as a point of contact for any questions or tasks related to IMC Croatia projects (eligibility, new business, performance, program audit, compliance etc.)
- Preparation of internal and external reports related to program activities on behalf of IMC Croatia.
- Ensure implementation of projects awarded to IMC Croatia is on target and within the budget, through regular communication, review of reports and field visits
- Monitor performance of the overall IMC Croatia portfolio, flag any issues to the responsible functional unit(s) and ensure that corrective measures are taken in a timely manner
- Conduct regular review of project’s progress, monitor project’s burn rate and actively participate in review of monthly pipelines.
- Regular visits to field offices to support project implementation, monitor and verify the work accomplished.
- Ensure all relevant programmatic documentation is scanned, filed and shared with other parties, as applicable.
- Ensure oversight of the proper performance of audits, inspections and on-the-spot checks as provided for under all relevant regulatory and contractual provisions.
Overview of affiliated entities’ work:
- Day-to-day liaison with affiliated entities, International Medical Corps and International Medical Corps UK, advocating for the needs of the program within the organization. Interactions cover all relevant aspects of the implementation of the project concerned: staff management, procurement, financial management, quality control, distribution and provision of services to final beneficiaries, etc.
- Development and coordination of new proposals or critical review of the proposal substance (when prepared by affiliated entities)
- Review of donor agreements awarded to IMC Croatia and other contractual documents, as applicable (MoUs, POs, contracts, sub-awards etc.)
- Ensure that reports prepared by affiliated entities are timely obtained, reviewed, checked for accuracy and completeness, submitted and filed in accordance with the record retention policy.
- Guarantee the reliability of such reports through review of contents and quality of the work performed.
- Review the feedback provided by the compliance, financial control unit, internal audit or external audit, as applicable. Ensure that management decisions related to project implementation are followed.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related subject is essential
- Project Management certification is essential
- Master’s Degree is preferred
Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years relevant experience including:
- 1+ years field based work experience or
- 2+ years HQ experience supporting relief and development projects
- Project cycle management
- Logical framework project planning and design
- Proposal development and donor reporting
- Knowledge of major donors rules and regulations
- Excellent report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Innovative and problem solving
- English is essential
- Croatian, French, Spanish, Arabic or other relevant language is desirable
Please note: 30% of travel may be required
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
About the Organization
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.